It's been a while since Google Summer of Code 2010 results were announced. I will be working again for Maemo on the project "Porting Canola to Maemo 5 and beyond", with the help of Eduardo Lima(etrunko) who is going to be my mentor.
Canola it's the application with the most downloads for N8x0. The package for Fremantle it's currently in extras-devel but lots of bugs were reported on bugzilla. The aim of my project is to solve those bugs and to integrate it better with Maemo 5 infrastructure/guidelines.
Since the announcement of the results I have started to investigate the most annoying bugs. Until now I have found some solutions for the segmentation fault and keyboard input bugs. I'm planning to keep the community up to date with my progress on the project by posting regularly on this blog.